Xbox Game Pass Space HogOn December 18, 2021 in notes • 1 minute read
Back to top ↑
If you use Xbox Game Pass on PC, there is a good chance it’s hogging lots of your space since uninstalling games doesn’t remove actually remove them from the C:/Program Files/WindowsApps folder where they’re tucked away.
I scoured the internet for a solution and this is the only one that worked.
A separate drive partitioned the same way as your C: drive, and enough space for the game you want to clear up.
Ability to see what’s inside the WindowsApp folder (you can follow these instructions)
- Find a game in the WindowsApps folder that’s hogging space (i.e., it was uninstalled but the folder is still there)
- Re-install the game using the Xbox app (if the game is space-hogging, it’ll go 0-100% in a few secs, regardless of size)
- Go to Apps & Features, search for the game, click on it and then click Move
- Move to the other drive one
- Repeat steps 1 - 4 as needed or until the drive is full
- When the secondary drive is full, uninstall the apps from the Xbox app (or Apps & Feature), then Format the secondary drive :)
Other Notes Pages
- December 26, 2021: On Aging
- April 22, 2021: Manual
- April 22, 2021: Barrels and Ammunitions
- April 10, 2021: Cocktail Class